To ensure Ohio's workers' compensation system runs efficiently and effectively for both state-funded and self-insured employers, is effective in providing proper medical treatment for injured employees, and keeps its cost for employers competitive with other states' systems.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on workers’ compensation issues or how to join the committee, please contact Kevin Shimp.
PRIORITIES FOR 21-22:
- Ensure that non-medical benefit payments are only payable for loss of earning capacity.
- Establish performance, outcome and cost metrics by which providers can be measured and ranked.
- Ensure employers are not unreasonably penalized for an employee's failure to attend medical or other appointments.
- Clarify when claimants receiving wage continuation may apply for permanent partial disability.
- Guard against expansion of workers' compensation coverage to include psychological-only claims.
- Make claimants more responsible for their care.