Check out current opportunities to join the team at the Ohio Chamber of Commerce:
We’re not a team just because we work together. We’re a team because together we make Ohio better.
Director, External Relations
The Ohio Chamber of Commerce is a champion for Ohio businesses so that our state enjoys economic growth and prosperity. With over 8,000 members, we have been Ohio’s premier business advocate since 1893.
This position is part of the Membership Department and reports to the Vice President of Membership.
Retain current and recruit new members by cultivating and building relationships with business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Retain Current Members
- Responsible for retaining members in their territory
- Reach out to current members on a regular basis
- Research current membership for investment increase opportunities
- Communicate legislative issues of concern to members
- Bring past due accounts current
- Work with communications department to highlight companies in blog & Ohio Matters magazine
- Explain new member benefit opportunities
- Be a resource for your members Recruit New Members
Recruit New Members
- Work with Vice President, Membership to set annual goal
- Create and maintain prospect list
- Research new businesses in Ohio to discover membership investment opportunities
- Attend networking events to meet new prospects Assist in Organizing Conferences and HR Academy Events
Other duties as assigned