To foster a fair and equitable tax system that stimulates growth, innovation and job creation and minimizes compliance costs and administrative burdens.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on tax and spending issues or how to join the committee, please contact Candace Frank.
PRIORITIES FOR THE 135th GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
- Modernize and clarify the rules regarding what constitutes electronic information services and their sales and use tax treatment.
- Improve the current D+ grade on the Council on State Taxation (COST) Property Tax Administration Scorecard.
- Work to keep and improve the Business Investment Income Deduction (BIID).
- Clarify business income definition.
- Allow businesses to fully use the accelerated depreciation expense found in the federal tax code.
- Simplify municipal income tax compliance.
- Create a comprehensive tax study to determine if the current tax system can be improved to better foster job creation, add investment and increase personal wealth.