To protect employers' rights to manage their workplace with limited governmental involvement and regulation and to simplify Ohio's employment law statutes in a way that's fair to both employers and employees.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on human resources and labor issues and how to join the committee, please contact Candace Frank.
PRIORITIES FOR THE 135th GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
- Address the long-term solvency of the Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund.
- Defend against onerous government mandates that drive up labor costs.
- Continue to stress the need to ultimately make Ohio a right-to-work state.
- Reform the process for filing charges with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
- Require labor unions to provide greater disclosure to their members about the ability to opt-out of paying dues for political purposes.