To protect employers' rights to manage their workplace with limited governmental involvement and regulation and to simplify Ohio's employment law statutes in a way that's fair to both employers and employees.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on human resources and labor issues and how to join the committee, please contact Kevin Shimp.
PRIORITIES FOR 21-22:
- Address the long-term solvency of the Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund.
- Reduce the complexity and administrative burden of Ohio's unemployment compensation system.
- Reinforce employers' ability to make employment decisions based upon an individual's medical marijuana use.
- Defend against onerous government mandates that drive up labor costs.
- Continue to stress the need to ultimately make Ohio a right-to-work state.