To advocate for an affordable and sustainable market-based health care system that provides access to quality, affordable health care for all Ohioans.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on health care issues or how to join the committee, please contact Keith Lake.
PRIORITIES FOR 19-20:
- Empower consumers to spend their health care dollars wisely by promoting access to timely, accurate, appropriate, uniform and user-friendly information on the quality of cost to their health care.
- Continue to oppose health insurance coverage mandates that could raise employer premiums.
- Eliminate barriers to the efforts of employers to encourage healthy behaviors and reward employees for taking steps to be well
- Encourage broader utilization of the Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System (OARRS) to combat prescription drug diversion and abuse.
- Identify and address legal and regulatory obstacles that could limit the scope and scale of value-based contracting.
- Support the retention of Medicaid coverage for individuals made eligible under the Affordable Care Act, consistent with our orignial rationale.