To ensure Ohio’s workers’ compensation system runs efficiently and effectively for both state-funded and self-insured employers, is effective in providing proper medical treatment for injured employees, and keeps its cost for employers competitive with other state’s systems.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on workers’ compensation issues or how to join the committee, please contact Kevin Shimp.
PRIORITIES FOR 19-20:
- Make claimants more responsible for their care.
- Require employees to report their alleged workplace injuries in a timely manner.
- Ensure that non-medical benefit payments are only payable for loss of earning capacity.
- Specify that claimants are not entitled to compensation if their economic loss was due to circumstances other than a compensable workplace accident.
- Establish performance, outcome and cost metrics by which providers can be measured and ranked.
- Ensure employers are not unreasonable penalized for an employee’s failure to attend medical or other appointments.
- Examine ways to prevent claims from being open longer than necessary due to bill payment issues.
- Require a claimant to reach maximum medical improvement prior to filing a claim for permanent partial disability.