To respond to the needs of Ohio employers for qualified, well-trained employees by promoting policies that meet the demands of today’s workplace by pursuing strategies that link education and workforce development in a seamless system and embed skills-based learning into academic instruction.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on education and workforce development or how to join the committee, please contact Kevin Boehner.
GOALS FOR 17-18:
- Increase the number of occupations eligible for the state’s incumbent worker training voucher program and pursue increased funding.
- Work to reduce the reliance of individuals on government financial assistance so that employers can attract skilled employees at justified and reasonable salaries.
- Support personal income tax exemptions for college graduates who accept jobs in Ohio within three years of graduation.
- Pursue enhanced funding for the Ohio College Opportunity Grant Program and ensure that grant eligibility remains need-based and student-directed.
- Advocate for a one semester course in financial literacy as a requirement for high school graduation.