To foster a fair and equitable tax system that stimulates growth, innovation, and job creation; and minimizes compliance costs and administrative burdens.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on tax and spending issues or how to join the committee, please contact Jeff McClain.
GOALS FOR 17-18:
- Repeal the existing sales tax on employment services.
- Clarify the rules regarding what constitutes electronic information services that are subject to sales & use tax.
- Protect against excessive broadening of the sales tax base to services, particularly business inputs.
- Maintain the current, reasonable commercial activity tax rate, minimize tax expenditures and resist bifurcating the rate.
- Reduce the assessment percentage on electricity generation personal property.
- Push for additional reforms to address municipal income tax compliance costs and challenges.
SUPPORTING MATERIALS AND LINKS