To promote and protect the establishment, growth and vitality of small business in Ohio. Members of the Ohio Small Business Council (OSBC) learn how to be an advocate for their business and voice their concerns directly to Ohio’s decision makers. Participation in OSBC is limited to individuals representing a for-profit business that employs fewer than 400 directly supervised persons. Small business owners and managers are especially encouraged to join this committee.
For more information on the Ohio Small Business Council, contact Keith Lake.
GOALS FOR 17-18:
- Prevent state agencies from improperly creating rules through policy.
- Address, and work to reduce, the regulatory impact of existing statutes as well as future legislation.
- Restrain and reduce the ever-increasing cost of health care and oppose policies such as health care mandates that contribute to rising costs.
- Explore options to lower workers’ compensation costs for employers.
- Simplify the tax code to reduce the administrative burden on small business and monitor the biennial budget process for adverse effects.