To ensure Ohio’s workers’ compensation system runs efficiently and effectively for both state-funded and self-insured employers, is effective in providing proper medical treatment for injured employees, and keeps its cost for employers competitive with other state’s systems.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on workers’ compensation issues or how to join the committee, please contact Don Boyd.
GOALS FOR 17-18:
- Make claimants more responsible for their care.
- Require employees to report their alleged workplace injuries in a timely manner.
- Ensure that scheduled loss benefits are only payable for loss of earning capacity.
- Specify that claimants are not entitled to compensation if their economic loss was due to circumstances other than a compensable workplace accident.
- Require workers’ compensation claims to be filed within one year.