To monitor and evaluate public affairs issues and activities including elections, campaign finance, ethics, and lobbyist regulations, when of interest to the business community; and to examine proposed state constitutional amendments or initiative petition efforts that affect the electoral process.
For more information on the Ohio Chamber’s stances on public affairs issues or how to join the committee, please contact Keith Lake.
GOALS FOR 17-18:
- Proactively battle initiatives proposed by anti-business special interest groups.
- Safeguard the Ohio Constitution by requiring broader public support for amendments.
- Ensure that laws prescribing the petition circulation process are clear and transparent.
- Monitor and evaluate recommendations originating with the Ohio Constitutional Modernization Commission.
- Preserve the First Amendment right of businesses to unrestricted political advocacy.
SUPPORTING MATERIALS AND LINKS